Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Well another year has snuck up on me and its my Dads birthday. Every year while my Dad was alive (deceased 4 yrs) We would spend the long weekend before his birthday (queens birthday weekend) Doing something. that something normally consisted of something a little daring, stupid , wacky or just some simple thing that we have both wanted to do. Over the years we have parachuted, gone caving, climbed mountains, rode horses, hang glided, rode motor bikes, water skied and a hell off a lot more. It was our tradition to be honest with you it wasn't the activity, it was the time we spent planning it, the time together, and bond it brought. This year after all my traumas of the month I had forgotten... panic set in….. then I came to the conclusion it just has to be something that would of made him laugh (not that took a great deal) so I needed something that required no sitters for the kids and no assistantance of other s (oz had nightshift) The best I could up with on the short notice was a night time nudie trampoline jump. I might add this is not an activity he would of joined me in but he would of laughed till cried at the idea. so that’s it rain hail or shine...I’m off to bounce till I laugh. I LOVE YOU DAD and will never forget. HAPPY BIRTHDAY you old fossil (would have been his 59th birthday) Next year I have planned a hot air balloon trip for us all

0 comments:

Post a Comment